RYA Seamanship Skills
This 5 day course is aimed at students with previous experience and the background knowledge required for the RYA Level 2 Basic Skills qualification.
Due to current Social Distancing regulations, we are unfortunately not able to offer any Taser Sessions or Tuition Courses this season. We hope to be back next year.
Much of the work done on this course will be done without an instructor aboard but with a greater depth of onshore feed back.
This will raise the self-reliance and decision-making of the sailor in the manoeuvring of a dinghy or traditional boat in moderate conditions.
• Sailing theory and background
• Capsize recovery – total inversion
• Preparation of road trailer
• Rope work
• Launching and recovery – leave from and return to a beach/jetty in onshore/offshore winds
• Sailing techniques and manoeuvers – man overboard, reefing afloat, being towed, sailing without a rudder and sailing backwards
The course runs from 10am – 5pm with an hour for lunch.
All course prices include logbooks and certificates – please note the Adult and Junior courses can be combined. Please contact us for our Booking Policy
“…Could not have learned to sail with a better bunch of people, thanks to their guidance have enjoyed many great days sailing. Thoroughly recommend, thank you…” – Ian