RYA Seamanship Skills
This 5 day course is aimed at students with previous experience and the background knowledge required for the RYA Level 2 Basic Skills qualification.
Much of the work done on this course will be done without an instructor aboard but with a greater depth of onshore feed back.
This will raise the self-reliance and decision-making of the sailor in the manoeuvring of a dinghy or traditional boat in moderate conditions.
• Sailing theory and background
• Capsize recovery – total inversion
• Preparation of road trailer
• Rope work
• Launching and recovery – leave from and return to a beach/jetty in onshore/offshore winds
• Sailing techniques and manoeuvers – man overboard, reefing afloat, being towed, sailing without a rudder and sailing backwards
The course runs from 10am – 5pm with an hour for lunch.
All course prices include logbooks and certificates – please note the Adult and Junior courses can be combined. A £60 deposit per person is required to secure your place on the course. This is non refundable due to the unpredictable nature of the weather, however rescheduling your course is not a problem.
“…Could not have learned to sail with a better bunch of people, thanks to their guidance have enjoyed many great days sailing. Thoroughly recommend, thank you…” – Ian