Glenridding Sailing Centre → RYA FIRST AID COURSE
The H.S.E recognised RYA First Aid Course runs over one day and offers a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical sessions that are designed to develop ability and practical confidence.
This course is equivalent to the Health and Safety Executive Appointed Person at Work Certificate.
The syllabus includes the following:
• Demonstrate how to turn a casualty into the recovery position
• Detail the treatment for shock
• Apply direct pressure to a wound and control bleeding
• Demonstrate how to bandage a wound
• Outline treatment for seasickness
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of hypothermia
• Outline the necessary precautions when treating a cold water immersion casualty
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of concussion
• Outline the prevention, recognition and treatment of compression
• Outline the treatment for asthma attacks, burns, diabetic emergencies, epilepsy and heart attacks
• List the precautions needed when handling a spinal injury
• Demonstrate how to immobilise a fracture
• List actions needed to prepare for helicopter evacuation
ALL COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO DEMAND - please contact us for more information.
The RYA First Aid Certificate is an essential pre-course requirement for the RYA Dinghy Instructor Course
RYA First Aid Course Dates for 2014
|available on request
|Course Price £85*
* price includes the current St Johns Ambulance First Aid Manual